Mobile Commerce, or mCommerce, is blowing up. If you’re not in a position to harvest sales from this seismic shift in online shopping, you need to get there in a hurry. Here are some numbers to get your attention:
- In 2012, an estimated one in four Christmas purchases was made on a mobile device. In 2013, that figure is projected to almost double.
- mCommerce sales in the United States overall will grow from $24 billion in 2012 to $38 billion in 2013. By 2016, mCommerce sales are projected to reach a whopping $86 billion.
- The average order value from buyers using a tablet device is almost 25% higher than PC users.
- According to Forrester, consumers prefer the mobile Web to apps, because mobile websites are more easily accessed via search engines or emails viewed on mobile devices.
- 71% of websites are not optimized for the mobile Web, which means you probably still have a significant opportunity to get ahead of your competitors in this area.
What do I need to do to get my website mobile-optimized?